So we're roughly three months into what is a new standard of living. By now most of us are used to this social distancing lifestyle -- but it doesn't seem to get any easier.
If you're like us you're yearning for live music, beach bbqs, long hikes with friends, weekend getaways and many things that just don't fly at the moment. That said, we're thinking long-term and staying the course so that someday in the future we can all return to the things and people we love.
Until then, we have another installment of Top Five Favorites for you. This time our feature guest is Southern California surfer, photographer and artist Corina Barnick. We hope Cori inspires you to toss on some fresh tunes, read a new book and mess around a bit more in the kitchen!
Photo: Ridge Benben
Top 5 Bands/Musicians
- Mountain Man
- Cat Power
- Andrew Bird
- Fleetwood Mac
- The Beatles (as a group and as individual musicians)
Top 5 Books
- 'East of Eden' by John Steinbeck
- 'Little Women' by Louisa May Alcott
- Any/Everything by JK Rowling
- 'Big Magic' by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Me Talk Pretty One Day' by David Sedaris
Top 5 Movies
- 'The Royal Tenenbaums’
- ‘Alone in the Wilderness'
- Anything by Nora Ephron, but especially ‘You’ve Got Mail’
- All of the Harry Potter films (now you know, I’m a massive nerd)
Photo: Matt Ord
Top 5 Food/Dishes to Cook
- Any kind of fruit is my ultimate favorite food, but if I had to pick one it would be something tropical — most likely mango!
- Mark Bittman’s Linguine with Garlic and Oil
- Vegan Kale Ceasar Salad (google the recipe by Detoxinista!!)
- Enchiladas & Spanish Rice (I come from a family that is half Hispanic, so this is true sentimental/comfort food)
- Avocado toast/bagel with all the toppings (sea salt, lemon juice, cracked pepper, garlic powder and chili flakes)
Photo: Matt Ord
For more where this came from, follow the life and adventures of Corina Barnick here.